Tuesday 27 March 2012

Context of Practice

For this new brief, Context of Practice, we are to look at "the relationship between the theory and practical aspects of creative practice". Our blog should include at least 5 entries for research and 5 for development, there should also be evidence of  'make' via photography. In response to this and reflecting on our ideas we are to produce a 'well crafted' final fashion piece which should be photographed in a way that clearly conveys our idea or concept. 


For my context of practice i have chosen to look at the advances in human technology focusing on body parts/bones and repair. Then using this concept and visual imagery i will produce a fashion piece.

I have started off by looking at metal plates and pins that are used for helping repair broken bones and helping with arthritis. I have been researching medical imagery to find different types and methods. Different metal plates an screws are used for all sorts of places and for all kinds of joints. I have also been looking at Marry Shellys 'Frankenstein' as a narrative component to my project. I may choose to use some quotes from the film as the title or maybe to support my images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment