Thursday 22 March 2012

Fashion Magazines

For COP i will produce an image that can be used as a magazine cover. I will create a piece based on the spinal column that can be photographed and transformed. I have begun researching magazines to find one suited to my style of work and i have found that each magazine has a different trademark style; for example Bazaar usually uses an image of a face that covers the whole page.





Vogue magazine is kept very elegant and images are taken from above the waist. 

ID magazine has a very prominent identity as for each cover the model is asked to wink giving it its own trade mark look. 


I have decided that for my magazine cover i will use Dazed and confused as my muse. I think their link to alternative fashion fits in well with my project as my work is more Avant-Garde than high street fashion.



This image above is a hand drawn replica of a dazed magazine that i found on the internet, i think that a hand illustrated magazine cover would be quite an alternative twist for magazine covers like a step back in time to when vogue magazines were all hand rendered. 




I could not believe my luck when i found this cover! FRANKEN-FASHION fits perfectly with my Marry Shelly Frankinstine quotes! 





No comments:

Post a Comment